Many buyers never even think to hire a Realtor. They either believe they can handle the complexities of the home-buying process on their own, or they operate under the mistaken notion that the listing agent will represent their interests as well.
Remember, the job of the seller’s agent is to represent the seller in getting the best deal possible in the least amount of time. To ensure that your interests are also represented, you need a buyer’s agent to level the playing field. As your agent when buying home, Chris Smith will:
- Advocate for you and advise you throughout the home-buying process.
- Help you make a list of your needs and wants and develop a list of possible homes that meet as many of your needs as possible.
- Educate you about current market conditions and help you determine whether your wants and needs are within your budget.
- Ensure you have information you need about the local area, including neighborhoods, property values, tax rates, school districts and amenities.
- Connect you with reputable professionals as appropriate at every step of the process.
- Guide you through negotiations, including dealing with issues that come up during the home inspection and helping you determine a fair price for a particular property.
- Represent you at closing to ensure your transaction is completed accurately.